I coach to develop courageous young men who are accountable for their own actions good or bad, who also have a genuine concern for others.
- 34 years in the coaching profession
- 16 years as the Head Coach @ Berkner HS
- Coached 6 players from Berkner that have had an opportunity to play in NFL
- Coached 3 players from Berkner still in the NFL
- Helped over 100 athletes continue their football career at the collegiate level from Berkner HS
- 10 playoff appearances as a head coach
- Regional Coach of the Year, District Coach of the Year, and City Coach of the Year Honors
- 1 State Championship, 3 semi-finalist, 2 regional finals
Married to Shawn Ledford, with two kids Ryan 24 (math teacher and coach at McKinney HS) and Lauren a junior at Texas A&M. Graduated from Tennessee Temple University in Chattanooga, Tenn. In 1982 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education with a math proficiency. Graduated from Texas A&M Commerce with an Educational Administration degree and principal’s certification in 1992. Began teaching math and coaching football and basketball at Brookhollow Christian School for four years before moving to Red Oak HS and coaching the same for a year. Took a job at Lake Highlands where I spent nine years before accepting my first head coaching job at Madisonville HS. In 2000 accepted the Head Coach/Athletic Coordinator position at Berkner HS.